Analysis of the Characteristics of Polyimide Tape
1. What is polyimide tape?
Polyimide tape has a brownish appearance and the rolled tape is darker and somewhat reminiscent of amber in color. Due to its color, the tape is very eye-catching in appearance.
Polyimide tape is also known as "gold finger" due to its use of polyimide film as its base material and silicone glue, it can withstand short-term temperatures up to 300℃. Its use of silicone glue ensures that there are no environmental doubts.
Polyimide tape commonly known as gold finger tape, kAPTON tape, international trade name KAPTONTAPE.
2. Characteristics of polyimide tape
1. High temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance, solvent resistance, electrical insulation (H rating), and radiation resistance;
2. High insulation level, high and low temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance, solvent resistance, radiation resistance.
Based on the characteristics of polyimide, it can generally be divided into the following categories:
1. Suitable for mobile phone batteries, coil insulation, and other high-temperature shielding on electronic circuit boards;
2. The tape uses polyimide film as the base material, and is coated with high-performance organic silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive. It has high temperature resistance, high tensile strength, excellent chemical resistance, no residue, and meets RoHS environmental standards in the electronics and electrical industry and circuit board manufacturing industry;
3. Suitable for shielding of electronic circuit board wave soldering tin, protection of fingers and high-end electrical insulation, motor insulation, and the fixing of lithium battery positive and negative electrodes;
4. Used for high-end electrical insulation and fixing of lithium battery positive and negative electrodes, as well as protection of "gold fingers" during PCB wave soldering. It is easy to tear off, not easy to break, and leaves no residue after tearing off.
3. Specifications of polyimide tape
1. Polyimide tape, which is resistant to high temperatures and insulation, is also known as "gold finger" tape, and is used for high-temperature shielding protection of electronic circuit boards, protection of gold fingers, high-end electrical insulation, motor insulation, lithium battery positive and negative electrode fixing, high-temperature electroplating, baking, spraying, and other electronic components;
2. Polyimide tape, which is resistant to high temperatures and insulation, is widely used in anti-welding protection, coil high-temperature insulation binding, capacitor insulation materials, PCB "gold finger" high-temperature spraying shielding protection, and mobile phone lithium battery manufacturing binding;
3. The specification of polyimide tape is: length 33M, 66M, maximum width 500mm (can be slit into small specifications), total thickness 0.04mm, 0.05mm, 0.06mm, 0.08mm, 0.1mm, 0.12mm, 0.17mm, and can be punched according to customer requirements;
4. The polyimide double-sided tape, also known as pi double-sided tape, uses 0.025mm polyimide film as the base material and is coated with imported organic silicone adhesive on both sides. The total thickness is 0.1mm and can be compounded with single-sided or double-sided PET fluoroplastic release film.